Thursday, December 18, 2008
Tate Publishing - Best Year on Record
It is Thursday afternoon and very cold at the Tate Publishing campus in Oklahoma today. Christmas is just around the corner and we just held our annual Tate Publishing Christmas party Tuesday night. This was a wonderful time of celebration, but also gives me the opportunity every year to share a "State of Tate" speech that outlines the successes of our recent year and the vision we have for the upcoming year.
I was so pleased to be able to report to our staff, authors, vendors and distributors that Tate Publishing has registered the best year in our history. While most in our industry are struggling Tate Publishing is growing. Our authors are outselling the competition and our books are succeeding in an incredible and diverse market mix. I wanted to share some of the amazing accomplishments we have had over the past year:
*According to our distributor -
1. Tate Publishing is the fastest growing publisher in the industry and has been over the past three years.*
2. We have finished 2008 as the 15th largest publisher by sales volume and are projected to be in the top 10 in 2009.*
3. Named one of the Best Places to Work In Oklahoma (2nd place overall in the entire state).
4. Two-time Chamber of Commerce Business of the year with back to back top finishes in 2007 & 2008.
5. In 2008 Tate Publishing authors and artist participated in 24,336 events.
6. Successful launch of the new Tate Publishing music division, Tate Music Group
Perhaps the biggest success story for 2008 is the continued giving of our resources both personally and financially to ministries and other needs throughout our nation and state. As many of you know Tate Publishing is a company that has a clear purpose. We want to build the Kingdom of God. By delivering authors and artists the best services, products and distribution possible we have created a successful business to give into the kingdom. As a Tate author you can take pride in the fact that with every success you have you are helping to give to help ministries and other non-profit organizations help thousands of people each year. In 2008, due to the success of Tate Publishing and our authors we were able to give like never before. Here are just a few examples:
1. Partnered with over 206 churches.
2. Built 108 new church youth rooms.
3. Paid for over 2,800 middle school and high school students to attend bible camp
4. Sponsored events that 6,720 people dedicated their live to follow Christ!
5. Provided funds for the start of two new churches that are succeeding in downtown Oklahoma City.
These are the types of opportunities that we treasure at Tate Publishing and every author and artist should rejoice in the fact that they have played a vital role in this giving. As we close the chapter on 2008 we have a bold plan to continue growth and success and the creation of opportunities for Tate Published authors that is second to none.
I want to thank all of you for a wonderful year and know that we pray as a staff at Tate Publishing for your success often and we are praying that 2009 will be the most successful, rewarding and blessed year of your life. As always, contact us with any questions and have a wonderful Christmas!